Dr. Karla Vital is dedicated to providing outstanding medical care. Her emphasis on disease prevention, medically supervised nutrition plans, healthy supplementation, and metabolic testing provide an excellent benefit to her patients.
Dr. Vital completed her:
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Biology from Xavier University of Louisiana. She graduated summa cum laude
- Medical Degree (M.D.) from the University of Florida College of Medicine
- Internal Medicine residency at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Nephrology fellowship training at Tulane University School of Medicine
- Board Certification in Bariatric Medicine and Nephrology
Dr. Vital moved to Texas in 2005 to join the Faculty at University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. She spent timeless hours counseling patients on the effects of dietary intake on health until leaving in 2009. While practicing nephrology in the private practice setting, she noticed the growing need for comprehensive wellness, prevention, and weight loss. Her passion for teaching, clinical expertise in fluids and electrolytes, and emphasis on nutrition and health led her to the field of Bariatric Medicine. Dr. Vital is proud to serve as the Medical Director of Vital Health & Wellness Center.
Dr. Vital is an active member of numerous organizations that emphasize the importance of treating obesity and increasing public awareness. She is a member of the:
- Obesity Medicine Association
- The Obesity Society
- Obesity Action Coalition
- Harris County Medical Society
- Houston Medical Forum
- Texas Medical Association
- American Society of Nephrology
Dr. Vital enjoys staying active with her husband and three children. Her interests also include dancing, cycling, trying new recipes, and discovering breakthroughs in nutrition and health around the world.